Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Changing World

For some reason, I found myself lacking inspiration for today's post.  I felt as though I had exhausted all of my topics concerning media and was pretty frustrated in coming up with an idea.  Desperate for an idea, I did what all Gen. Y does when they're in need of an idea or information: I searched the internet.  I went straight to Google, and after some failed search attempts, I came across a video that Dr. Bob has actually shown me in a class before this.  The YouTube video, entitled "Did You Know 3.0?" essentially explains our changing world and outlines how our changing world is fueling the growth of social media.

The video speaks for itself, so I encourage you to watch it.  I really can't present the facts any better than they do.

Isn't it interesting that in looking for inspiration on media I sought media tools themselves? The best part is that the inspiration I found came from one of the most popular media websites available, YouTube.

It truly is a changing world.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, what a cool video! I remember seeing it once before but it was a great reminder of how quickly our world can change technologically speaking.

    Today's analysis on Facebook and Twitter will seem ancient and outdated in 10 years. How weird is it to think that technological knowledge and capabilities is doubling every two years? It really makes me wonder about the ways in which we will be communicating in the future. Our smart phones will become obsolete and I'm sure laptop computers will continue to become smaller and more powerful. It's cool to think about!

    ReplyDelete